Coke Studio season 11

Coke Studio has provided Pakistanis great music over the years. From big hits like dannah pe dannah, chaap tilak, dastan e ishq and tajdaar e haram are few of my personal favorites. In 2018 came season 11 produced by Zohaib Kazi and Ali Hamza. Season 11 has been a disappointment since the very first episode, seems like coke studio has become more of an acting platform rather than singing. No doubt that these individuals can sing well but I think their potentials haven't been used to the maximum. What made me write a review about coke studio season 11 was the song ko ko korina. Since my childhood i have been listening to this song in every wedding of my khandan and trust me aunties on dhool sound better than Ahad Raza Mir and Momina Mustehsan. This song has been my jam and thanks to coke studio for spoiling it. I believe everybody should be given a chance to showcase their talents but in the case of Ahad he should stick to acting only. Ahad voice was neither melodious nor in sync with the music. This season has associated with huge names Runaway but the bigger the names the bigger the disappointment. The season played with sentiments of the audience by spoiling old classics songs.

Comments